Monday, July 20, 2020

The first review

I can’t fully explain how nerve wracking it is to have your work judged. In my mind, I have created a magnificent work of art. However, A. Person’s art can easily be another person’s artistic failure. My friend had said it was really brave of me to publish a book. I did not understand the rationale. He illustrated by doing so, you open yourself up for critique and that is not an easy thing to do.

Excitement builds as I scroll down and see the top of the cover. Excitement came with a friend though as anxiety tagged along. The cover art is brilliantly striking and I still can’t thank my friend enough for illustrating it. This is the part where I close the screen of my computer.

I immediately tell my wife because I want to share this moment with her and perhaps because I am also not brave enough to read this on my own. While pouring over the review, I am stuck on the word rambunctious as I am iffy on it’s definition. My wife wants to keep scrolling down because she reads faster and knows what the word means.

The full review can be seen by clicking Revolutionary Readers. Be braver than me and read it in one take. Thanks again Valkyrie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment