Saturday, July 11, 2020

Tone deaf?

I would like to believe that there is a rhythmic elegance in my writing. It would have been preferred to quote someone else saying that, but no one is saying that, yet. Anyway, this is due to constant re-writing. Once I have something down on Word, it would be passable but typically requires further refinement.

After several rounds of editing, proofreading and personal rereads, I finally had something I was proud of. This book was put to bed and published. Yet, I do not know if this is a personality defect but every time I read a passage, I feel like rewording something. So far, I have fought the urge to do so because I get the feeling this could be without end.

As a flawed author, I guess it’s’ only natural that I would produce flawed work. Here’s hoping that one person’s trash is another person’s treasure and A. Person’s rhythmic elegance is not someone else’s tone deaf muck.      
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment